Monday, March 30, 2009

Who am I.....


I know you all may be wondering, who am I, this woman, this believer, well let me share alittle about me, my testimony. This is the gateway to my being, and how I came to be who I am today. Growing up in a family, always part of the church life, going from a Pentacostal church to Episcapalian to Baptist then finally settling at Christian church. It became a ritual to me, wake up Sunday morning, go to church, pray every night, go to Saturday night young people's meeting, but was I really giving myself to the experience, no I wasn't. I was forced by my parents to go, once I got older I just stopped going because I felt it wasn't for me. Not sure where I was to fit in, I strayed just living my everyday life, for me, never looking back. I got involved in a harmful relationship, where trust became a issue as well safety. I went through emotional, verbal and physical abuse and in the end I found, I was pregnant. A happy moment in my life turned into one of pain, I was hurt that I became pregnant through the circumstances that I did. The father of my child gone, my hurt of being pregnant and the thought of how will I manage left me wondering, "What do I do now?" I began going to church more and becoming more involved in the church life. Still wondering how i was going to manage taking care of a child by myself, I continued to go to church, pray, and there were endless nights of crying for help. Then God being the awesome god that he is, showed me a way, he opened my parents heart to left me back in and the job with the hours i needed came up the day after I gave birth. He answered my prays and has been there for me every since. He is so wonderful and truly loving! I am blest to call him my father!

No comments:

Post a Comment